If you notice that your clothes are taking longer to dry than usual, the clothes are hotter to the touch or the dryer itself is hot at the touch, this may be a sign that there is a problem with lint blockage because of lint build up. In order to prevent fires and save energy costs, you should clothes dryer and dryer vent cleaned of lint immediately.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that there are 15,000 clothes dryer fires per year. The result of these fires are material losses, injuries and even death. Fires can occur when lint builds up in the dryer or in the exhaust duct. Lint can block the flow of air, cause excessive heat build-up, and result in a fire in some dryers. In a normally functioning dryer, hot moist air is generated in the dryer, forced through a vent system, and then exhausted outside of your house. If this airflow is obstructed at any point the temperature in the dryer and vent system will begin to rise. In addition to increased temperatures, restricted airflow will cause a significant increase in the accumulation of highly combustible lint in both the dryer itself as well as in the vent system. This dangerous combination of increased temperature and highly combustible fuel is a recipe for disaster. The CPSC Safety Alert states “Overheated Clothes Dryers Can Cause Fires. Fires can occur when lint builds up in the dryer or in the exhaust duct. Lint can block the flow of air, cause excessive heat build-up, and result in a fire in some dryers.”
Our Dryer Vent Cleaning Consist of;
- Disconnecting the clothes dryer so we can pull it out from the wall.
- Clearing the exterior dryer vent on the exterior of your home.
- We utilize specialized clothes dryer vent cleaning tools, to loosen up the lint and decontaminates within your dryer vent.
- We then utilize our high powered vacuum to vacuum out the loosened particles and lint.
- We then examine the vent to guarantee the vent is now clear of lint and particles.
- Reattached the vent host.
- Plug in your clothes dryer.
- Put the clothes dryer back to the original position.
- Finally we clean up around our work area.
Call us today to schedule your dryer vent cleaning from the best.. (904) 245-1594 – Serving Clay , Duval, Nassau, and St Johns counties.
NorthPort Heating and Air Conditioning
2905 Spring Park Road
Jacksonville, FL 32207-5621
Licensed Contractor: #CMC 1250039
Office Hours: 7:00 AM – 6:30PM
Emergency Service 24 Hours a Day 7 Days A Week
Services: Repair, Maintenance, Installations, Indoor Air System Services, Air Duct and Air System Cleaning, and Dryer Vent Cleaning.
Residential Serving the Counties of Clay, Duval, Nassau, and St Johns
Commercial Air Duct and Cleaning Servicing the State of Florida
24/7 Repair Service in the Counties of Clay, Duval, Nassau, and St Johns